Saturday, November 16, 2013

If You're Wondering..

In case you're wondering, I am still alive!  I fell into that teacher swamp land where I seem to live every fall.  I thought this year, I may not visit the teacher swamp land since I'm teaching Pre-K.  Now wait, don't jump down my throat...I know Pre-K is work!  Third grade was work and worry, but a lot of time was spent grading.  Grading homework, classwork and inputting grades.  I thought with this portion of my work essentially removed from my life...that I could have some time to myself to see my friends or blog.  Well, I was wrong!  :)
 
So sorry for hiatus, now let's move on to Doodle Bug's Five for Friday Linky Party.
 
 
1.  This week has been truly fabulous!  I feel so connected with my team and my class.  Here's a picture of us earlier this year.


 
2.  My class is absolutely engaged in our new investigation of our school dog, Kenna.  Here's a copy of our Today We.  (Our school uses Today We's as a way to communicate with families about what's happening in our classrooms.)


 
 

3.  This weekend we are putting up the Christmas tree.  Now, before you start with the old discussion of it's too early.  Let me 'splain my thought process.  If I wait until after Thanksgiving, the tree and all the decorations only stay up for 4 weeks and then I have put all the stuff back up.  So we are going to enjoy the pretty decorations a little longer!  Besides, Christmas is my daughter's favorite holiday, so how can I deny her?


 
4.  I'm so excited to go to professional development at Riverfield   they are bringing a teacher from Reggio Emilia to talk about the philosophy.  I'm so lucky our school has such great professional development opportunities!

 
Isn't this beautiful, this isn't a picture from Riverfield.  You're not allowed to take pictures there. 
 
5.  I get to relax on my new couch!
 
Now, all I need are some new lamps!  It's a little dark in here. :)
 
Hope you all have a great weekend!


 

2 comments:

  1. I understand your time away from blogging. I missed the entire month of October! I love that your tree is up. I'm thinking about doing mine next week. Thanksgiving is entirely too late this year!
    I'm your newest follower!
    KinderCakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a follower of my blog, hopefully I stay out of swampland! I checked out your blog and I LOVE it! I'm your new follower. Hope you enjoy that tree a little early!

      Delete